It’s no joke. The weather in Britain is temperamental and bipolar. Sunny one minute, raining the next. And that’s just the summer. The Winter pretty much guarantees to be raining or blowing a gale force wind at least 70% of the time. Perhaps that’s why libraries do great business there.
And isn’t it a romantic notion, to be curled up indoors reading with a mug of something warm and comforting while rain pitter-patters on the windows?
My newest release, BEFORE THE RAIN, set in North Wales would make great rainy-day reading material, if you ever find yourself wondering what to read next time your snug by the fire and in need of somewhere to escape to amid the pages of a book.
And since Fall/Autumn is right around the corner, here’s my top five reading ideas for when it’s raining outside.
- Rereads. Favorite books you have already read thrice and each time it makes you feel good inside and out. This is the type of book best read on a miserable cold and rainy day. My go-to re-read like this is Shelli Steven’s Negligee Behavior and anything’ by the Smutketeers. I love a quickie, too…Decadent Publishing’s 1NS series is perfect for this.
- Paranormal works for me on rainy days. Nothing like a good giggle and a supernatural mystery to snuggle with. Rose Pressey or Dakota Cassidy to make me laugh and to be kept guessing ’til the end.
- Haunted house gothic horror with all out scares and suspense. None of that romance stuff. Nope. I love a damned good scare when I’m snug as a bug and there’s a thunderstorm happening outside. Bird Box or should give you the chills!
- Turn to the golden oldies. A series you used to read in your 20s. For me, this would be Virginia Andrews Heaven Castelle books.
- A damned sexy but totally heart warming and emotional series to really curl up and get the warm fuzzies all through the season. May I suggest Erin Nicholas’s Sapphire Falls series? Totally adorable and sizzlingly hot. Or anything from Harlequin’s KISS collection.
Still looking for something to read? Want to indulge in sexy times in North Wales? Want to swoon over a rough-around-the-edges Welshman who is just too darn irresistible no matter how much Zoe tries? Well…you should totally pick up BEFORE THE RAIN, a stand-a-lone set in rural North Wales. A sassy newly unemployed and single Southerner from Atlanta heads to Wales for a man-free break to find her own inspiration to write words…instead, she falls for the rustic charm of the land and her very gruff and Welsh land lord. Trouble, of course, ensues.
Three fiancés in three years makes Zoe Chantilly’s relationship column for the Georgia Times her only semblance of commitment…that is until her dating advice takes a dive down the Suwannee and she’s fired.
Unemployed and single, she leaves the sweltering heat of the south and heads to the UK for a man-free break from life. The plan? Get with nature, write a novel, and be alone. Be very much alone. But nature has other plans for Zoe.
Navigating the backcountry roads of Wales seems just as complicated as her love life. A near-collision hones her desires in on Dylan Mostyn, a Leo seething with a raw prowess and macho magnetism the Aquarius in her can’t resist.
This Welshman is as arrogant as he is gorgeous. He’s also her landlord. The undeniable and thunderous attraction between them pinnacles during a karaoke duet at the village fete, but what starts as a no-strings fling quickly spirals toward dangerous ground.
Publisher: Fated Desires.
Flame Rating: Three
Setting: North Wales, UK
Genre: Small Town Contemporary Romance
Tropes: Vacation romance, Opposites Attract
Release date: July 21st 2016
#Kindle International http://authl.it/B00XWQT6TU
Available to add to your Goodreads TBR list
More on the multi-author Tempting Signs Series with Fated Desires: http://bit.ly/1K5IrF3
About JoAnne Kenrick
JoAnne Kenrick is a multi-published author who writes both contemporaries and paranormals. She was born and raised in a wee seaside town in North Wales, and has traveled far and wide. In true Brit form, she is a teaholic.
She now lives in North Carolina with her very own British hero, where she creates ever afters with a backdrop of those wonderful places she’s visited.
For more about JoAnne and her books, please visit her website: www.joannekenrick.com
Stay update with JoAnne’s new and upcoming releases with her quarterly newsletter. Easy sign up here: http://bit.ly/1Ox0Mga
Updates about Coming Soon and New Releases
News about contests and exclusive subscriber giveaways
Behind the scenes information about her books and author life
Make sure to follow the whole tour—the more posts you visit throughout, the more chances you’ll get to enter the giveaway. The tour dates are here: http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/joanne-kenrick-2/